You are about to pack for your upcoming trip? This is great!
We understand that packing can be stressful, especially if you have decided to minimize the impact of your trip on the environment.
Here is a sustainable packing list in case you want to plan a zero-waste vacation. I will have to give a disclaimer and warn you that you will have to leave a little extra room in your suitcase & sacrifice an outfit or two; but it will all be worth it in the end to leave a minimal impact…
- Reusable Water Bottle & Purification Tablets if the drinking water is not safe in the country you are travelling to
- Reusable coffee/tea mug, as well, if you are an avid coffee drinker
- Reusable straws — whatever your preference may be whether they be bamboo, steel, or glass
- Reusable cutlery kit, a small towel (for napkin) and some reusable containers to put food in.
- Reusable bag, especially to carry all these zero-waste goodies around you with, and also any souvenirs you may pick up.
Moving on to toiletries:
- Bamboo Toothbrush, bamboo floss, toothpaste tablets
- Shampoo/conditioner Bars & Bar Soap & deodorant bars
- Reusable makeup wipes
- Stainless steel razors
These are everyday simple tips that can be implemented while you are at home as well.
We can all contribute to drive the change for a healthier overall environment and to ensure a greater well-being for the future of our planet. It starts with these simple steps.
Have a wonderful trip!
By Jaclyn Yost,
Sustainable Tourism Expert